Some of the "newborn" diapers I bought will actually fit for a few more weeks, months maybe. Because they are adjustable (Thirsties Size 1 AIO, Grovia Newborn AIO, Bluberry Mini Pocket Deluxe, Thirsties Size 1 cover, Imagine Newborn cover).
Sweet. So. Here are some cute pictures of my baby boy in cloth. During these pictures Zek was 3-10 days old. And between 8-10lbs. ALL of these diapers fit under his umbilical cord stump just fine (he didn't lose it until he was over 2 weeks old). And the only issues we had with leaking/blow outs were due to user error (like not jelly rolling the newborn prefold).
THX Newborn AIO.
Pros: Affordable, fits tiny babies, has umbilical cord snap down, double gussets (although I've heard Little Joeys is trademarking this and THX won't have it anymore).
Cons: Because they are so small and trim, Zek started out peeing them (like within an hour) within 10 days. Only comes in snaps.
Grovia Newborn AIO.
Pros: Adjustable, trim, organic cotton, fits well, cute designs.
Cons: None. This is my favorite newborn diaper,
I bought 2 more even though Zek will grow out of them
within the next few weeks.
Bum Genius Newborn AIO.
Pros: Super Trim diaper, fits under belly button well.
Cons: Only comes in Aplix (wasn't an issue for us), not very absorbent after the 1st week.
Imagine Newborn AIO (Snaps).
Pros: Affordable, Umbilical snap down, interior is snap out on one end for faster drying
Cons: A little bulky between legs
Imagine Newborn AIO (Aplix).
Pros: Affordable, interior is snap out on one end for faster drying
Cons: Very sticky Aplix (it gets stuck to the laundry tab!), a little bulky between legs.
Thirsties Size 1 AIO.
Pros: Adjustable, cute designs, tunnel interior for faster drying,
option to add inserts for additional absorbency.
Cons: A little pricey. BIG aplix tabs (new tabs). They seem a little overkill.
Cons: A little pricey. BIG aplix tabs (new tabs). They seem a little overkill.
WAHM Fitted Diaper.
I LOVED these. They were trim and absorbent, and lined with velour.
Sadly, I have NO idea who makes them (I bought them used).
Thirsties Size 1 Cover (over WAHM fitted).
Pros: Fit from birth-18ish lbs, double leg gussets, fits trim. Comes in aplix & snaps.
Cons: Mid price range (I say it's worth it since it fits way past newborn),
some think it's bulky because it is adjustable.
GMD Workhorse Fitted (No closure).
Pros: Fits well, fairly trim, absorbent, affordable, organic, still fits at 10+ lbs.
Cons: 100% cotton, so wicking may be a concern. It wasn't for us.
Bummis Newborn Super Snap Cover (Over Newborn Workhorse).
Pros: Cute design
Cons: No double leg gussets, did not fit well past 9lbs.
Thirsties XS Fitted.
Pros: Absorbent, fits trim, cute colors, aplix or snaps, fits under umbilical cord.
Cons: A little pricey.
I also have a Thirsties fitted in the Size 1 and it fits well!
Another Thirsties Size 1 Cover. I love this print! This is over the
Thirsties XS fitted.
GMD Newborn Prefold.
Pros: Affordable, adjustable with many different folds (use Jelly Roll!! :) ), absorbent.
Cons: Zek was too wide for them at 2 weeks old. They became difficult to snappi, which was sad! The workhorses STILL fit him at 10+ lbs.
Imagine Newborn Cover.
Pros: Adjustable (will fit for a few more months!). Double leg gussets. (This held in that "user error" prefold blow out. I was so impressed!!), affordable, comes in snaps or aplix.
Cons: None that I can think of!
Prowraps Newborn Cover.
Pros: Really affordable, simple, double leg gussets.
Cons: No laundry tabs, only come in aplix.
Bluberry Mini Deluxe Pocket.
Pros: Adjustable, Staggered snaps, cute prints, you can add
absorbency in pocket or change out inserts.
Cons: A little bulkier than the other newborns. A little spendy.
Whew. Lots of pictures, yes? But I found posts like these super helpful when I was pregnant and building my newborn "stash." Now we are moving onto One Size diapers and I'm super excited (and a little sad because my baby is growing so FAST!!)
A big thank you to my cute little model...
Until Next Time,
Happy Blogging!!
No comments:
Post a Comment