There is a reason why we have the Priesthood on the earth. Many reasons. And anyone who reads this may think of a different reason. And I know at times in my life I can think of different reasons and why I'm grateful. Last night I was truly grateful. Ami has been having some rough nights. Usually starting around 8pm and sometimes, like last night, she's upset till past midnight. I'm not sure what it is, but it's rough.
I didn't know how to make it better, which was hard for me. And I thought that maybe I should ask Andrew to give her a priesthood blessing. But I didn't know how he'd feel about it. So we continued trying to soothe her in other ways. After on and off screaming for 3 hours, I decided to just ask. I told him I had been thinking about it a few times, but I didn't really know if he felt the same way. And he admitted that he did. We both had promptings that we had foolishly ignored. But gratefully we finally listened.
So, while my typically happy baby screamed in my arms, my husband laid his hands over her head and gave her a blessing. He asked for comfort. And peace. And soon I was crying along with my baby, but for much different reasons. As soon as he finished the blessing she whimpered a few times, relaxed in my arms, and went to sleep. It was so quick.
We still don't know what was wrong, but I can't help but think that maybe she was trying to teach us the importance of listening to the promptings of the spirit. In 4 months she's taught us so much, and we look forward to many, many, many more years of lessons.
How grateful I am for a husband that holds the priesthood. He has been such a wonderful father to our two girls. And I know they will turn to him for many blessings in the future. I'm grateful for a Father who gave me blessings growing up. And I'm really excited that my brother Eric, just received the Melchizedek Priesthood. It blesses people, it blesses lives, and it blesses me. Thank you Heavenly Father.
Until Next Time....
Happy Blogging!
that is wonderful juli! :) I learn more from my children everyday! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Thanks for sharing!! While Izaak hasn't had the Melchezedek Priesthood very long I already see it blessing my life. Just the prayers a priesthood holder gives in times of need are amazing sources of strength. We often struggle at family prayer and the other night we were struggling a lot with something we are having to go through and I could not relax, so I asked if he would say a prayer and we all instantly fell asleep.
ReplyDeleteI love this post. Thank you for sharing it. This experience brought tears to my eyes too, probably for the same reason as you, Juli. :)
ReplyDelete