Friday, February 4, 2011

It's a BABY GIRL!!

Well, yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound. We had a fun ultrasound technician that was a riot to talk to which made the ultrasound even more fun. She was relieved when we said we did want to know the gender, she said it is difficult when couples don't want to. They have to be SO careful what they say and show. We started with the normal measurements of arms, legs, head, stomach, etc. There is SO much that they have to check to make sure that the baby is healthy and the right size. Our baby is approximately 12 oz, not even a pound! And there is SO much detail and definition in that little body.

After a few measurements here and there our tech said, "Well, lets look at the gender"...She hadn't even shown the legs for more than a few seconds before Andrew said "It's a GIRL"....and the tech said "Yes, it is!"

We are SO happy for another Baby GIRL in our family. I have felt like having 2 girls is normal. I came from a family with 2 girls, then a boy. And I have always said "The Girls" from the beginning of my pregnancy. At times I knew there was a chance I could have a boy, but I never felt like I would this time. We couldn't agree on any boy names, so this makes it easier. We have talked about girls names and we are thinking Amielia or Amelia. The spelling is still up in the air, but we'd like to call her Ami, or Ame (pronounced Amy) for short.

I am really excited because I get to reuse all of my girl stuff again! We have boxes and boxes of clothes that we will start going through to do inventory. And luckily this little girl will be born just a week or two before when Beth was born 2 years ago. So the clothes will be appropriate to the weather.

I am ALSO very happy to say that you cannot trust your pregnancy to tell you the gender! My pregnancy this time around has been completely different. VERY sick, tired, and moody. Although Andrew will tell you I was like this last time :-). But It was almost night and day for me. And yet, we are still having a GIRL. The midwives tale is wrong. 

Bethani seems to be very excited. She has NO idea what we are talking about. But she wants to carry around the Ultrasound picture and play with it. Her room will soon transform to a shared room, but I am so excited for her to meet her little sister.

We feel so blessed and loved and we are grateful for all that we have.

When we asked Beth "Where's the Baby?" She points to her tummy. :-)
I asked her to show daddy the baby, and she points to it and looks at Andrew.


Kisses for Baby Ami
Our 1st Onesie for the Baby. The ultrasound pic shows Ami laying on her hands taking a nap.

4 comments:

  1. guess i was wrong!! i am so happy for you two girls is going to be a blast!! i love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! :) We're really excited for you guys; have fun getting ready for Daughter #2! The names are beautiful, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! How wonderful! This will make it really easy with the clothes and sharing rooms!

    ReplyDelete