Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Truth About Christmas

The Truth about Christmas is that, well, sometimes it's PURE CRAZINESS. Especially with 2 young kids. But I feel like this year, we did a lot of the things we wanted to. We decorated our house, not as much as Andrew wanted, but enough to feel non-scrooge like. We got practical gifts. We got a few fun ones for the kids. And I finished all the gifts I was working on BEFORE Christmas eve. So, I was able to relax. 


Last year we decided to make our own family traditions for Christmas Eve. Up until 2010, we'd unsuccessfully split our time between Andrew's family, who has a white elephant gift exchange. And my family, who has a Birthday Party for my cousins Austin and Kayla. They turned 17 this year, so it's been a tradition for awhile. But we really felt like having our own traditions was important. So we started some. We read stories, watch movies, and went to look at lights. We added a Chicken and Noodle dinner this year, and we plan to do it every year. All in all we felt very blessed this year....here are some pictures as an overview....


Here are my girls in their Christmas Jammies.





I was very happy with our tree and decorations this year. Simple. Classic. Done.



Stockings.







And a few presents I took pictures of.








We have been very blessed this year. Our Holidays were crazy, but good. And I am always grateful for the two beauties in my life.








Beth is growing bigger and smarter every day. She asks "What's that?" about 20 times a day. I have to remind myself that it's important to answer those questions. No matter how many times she asks. Recently Beth started waking up again in the middle of the night, fighting nap time, and getting up way too early....it's like having TWO babies. But I have to remember that it's life. And these stages pass too quickly. So we give her loves, and explain why she can't sleep in our bed, or stay up till midnight, or skip a nap. And we try to remember that every day is an adventure.


Ami just passed the 6 month mark and is right on track for growth. She's a smiley baby most of the time. She is still having sleeping issues. But I have to remind myself that there could be worse things. She has a love/hate relationship with rice cereal and we will start feeding her some baby food soon, and that's sure to be entertaining!


Well, I can't believe 2011 is almost over. A LOT has happened for us. I hope things with YOU have been as exciting as things have been with us. Have a Happy New Year!


Till Next Time....


Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the post, Juli. I really miss seeing you every week. Good thing we have blogs to keep up with eachother! ;) Ami has gotten so big! She doesn't even look like the same baby I remember. What cute girls you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love how Beth asks "Whats that?" - I did the same thing as a baby! :) And that ALDRICH sign is too awesome - especially the "FOOTBALL" part. CUTE. Merry Christmas! (It's still "the season" right?) :)

    ReplyDelete